cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote key concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am confused with the remote key concept.

If we have tow remote system attached with MDM then

How we can create remote key automatically when the data come from systems.

Is remotekey+remote system is unique key for each record.

If the same data will come from different system but some fields value is different then how its maintain in MDM and when we tranfer same data to different system from where it came previously then in taht case which data will transfer to each system.

Query regarding import

Yesterday i was trying to import the different languages data in hierarchy lookup table .In the import manager i map each language fields to each destination fields but after importing i get same value in all language fields i.e. whatever info maintain in english.I read somewhere how to import multilingual data in hierarchy lookup nad its mentioned that you have to map remote key also.so i want to know why is necessary to map remote key and if my table is not remote key enabled then in that case how i can trabsfer this multi language data.

Please help me on these issues.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu

How we can create remote key automatically when the data come from systems.

Is remotekey+remote system is unique key for each record.

Remote keys are populated during import based on the fielf mapping. So if you have 2 remote systems for same record there can be two different maps with the same key/field mapped as remote key. The combination remote key +system is unique as correctly mentioned by you.

If the same data will come from different system but some fields value is different then how its maintain in MDM and when we tranfer same data to different system from where it came previously then in taht case which data will transfer to each system.

Why should this happen? the Idea behind MDM is to have a consolidated, clean/golden set of data. Field values which are differing in 2 remote systems needs to be merged as a single(read correct) value.

Thanks-ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Two records coming from two different remote systems which hold different values in some fields" looks to me like a race condition between two remote systems updating for example an typo in an address or name field.

Typical situation: you have local companies holding their indepnedent set of customer data.

Assume that a customer orders at two local companies at the same time.

Assume further that during the entry process there was an address update or a small change in the comapny name.

Assume further someone makes a typo.

Because of the independency they will update the customer locally and send the update to the mdm.

So we have now two differnent values for the same record. In this case typically last one wins. So at the end the last record sent will update the mdm to the last golden master value.

To avoid this situation you can either use MDM as the only entry/update system or put some processes (not only workflows) in place which helps to avoid this situation. In any case bacause of the key mapping both records will map to the single golden master record in the mdm as already mentioned.

d'accord with the hint: this has to be part of the steady consolidation scenario.

regards

lpk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Base on your Question Answer as follows

1.) once you define remote system in MDM then during importing mapping we need to select the remote system and same as in MDM syndication and save the map and then create port in MDM console and assign the remote system and respective map which you created for importing and syndicating the records same way need to if you have another system

2.) for multiple language it is not necessary to map with remote key you can use and display field or unique field from your repository and select this field as matching field then import this data to MDM

hope above suggestion would help you