cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am creating 2 PO.One for material & another for Freight.Is it possible to add the freight cost to material in GR.

I am not interested in Planned delivery cost

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use customized codition for delivery charges and add it in the pricing procedure in net price area ( step number ) and maintain same G/L account as material in OBYC

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1) If PO and Freight Vendor are same, better to create one PO and add freight value in PO header condition. After that doing MIGO posting freight value added material cost and also freight value posted to plant delivery cost(freight A/C).

2) If PO and Freight Vendor are differ, we can create one PO(above scenario) or two PO's for material & freight separately. If two PO's, we can do MIGO separately and posting also done separate GL A/C. But in this scenario freight value is not added material cost.

The above 2 scenario which is better for you, you can selected and do it accordingly.

Hope, it is useful for you.

Regards,

K.Rajendran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are creating two different POs then they do not have any connection with each other.

One PO will have material and the other PO will have text line item with account assignment for frieght.

The freight cost will be posted to the account assignment ( may be cost center/Sales order / project etc) you have provided.

In such cases,

1.Activate the Material tab in MIRO and post directly the freight cost to material.

2.Post the freight cost as unplanned delivery costs at the time of MIRO for material line item.

3.Post the cost as sub debit min MIRO

It is not possible with planned delivery costs.

Cheers,

Satish Purandare

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Gurus,

> I am creating 2 PO.One for material & another for Freight.Is it possible to add the freight cost to material in GR.

>

> I am not interested in Planned delivery cost

I am not understanding the question here. One PO for freight, freight is applied to material. You have to have material in Po first and then apply the freight as condition to that material.

So in short your question reads, one po with material, without freight, one po with material and freight,

Yes freight gets hit to its own account during GR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No.

2 PO.One for material & another for freight.The Freight cost is for the first PO.