Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS : Payroll Cost to Receiver WBS Element

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Our requirement is as folows.

User will enter his time in Cats through CAT2 against the receicer WBS element.

Payroll team will execute the payroll

Payroll a/c posting will be executed and cost will be booked against the the receiver WBS element entered by user.

As a solution i done folowing things.

Created Data entry profile by selecting "Assignment of personal cost to receiver object".

I entered hrs against the 2 WBS elements for the month of March 2010 in CAT2.

Executed the payroll for the employee ( PC00_M40_CALC - Start payroll ) and it is succeed.

After this i am trying to execute payroll A/c posting (PC00_M99_CIPE - Execute run )

document is generated status incorrect. After opening the document i can see following errors.

Typ Message text

Error - Account assignment objects are incorrect. No substitution is possible.

Error - No substitute cost center maintained

Warning - No master cost center is possible as replacement for direct acct assi

Warning - Enter a true account assignment relevant to cost accounting

Error - Account 501001 requires an assignment to a CO object

for employee master cost center is not maintained and also i dont want to maintain infotype 27 as i am giving WBS element as a receiver objectg in CATS.

have anybodu userd this type of scenerio ? please provide valuable inputs if anyone knows things to do.

regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

As far as I know everybody should have at least one cost center for the posting to run correctly.

However, when financial people closes the period, then costs according to CAT2 entries are taken from cost centers and transferred to the relevant WBS elements.

WBS cost transfer is not done via posting process.

Regards

Dilek

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilak,

As u said if I am maintained master cost center in IT 0001 then after executing payroll a/c posting all cost is going to this cost center.

aftger this when doing CAT7 system is giving message that " No data available for transfer".

But as per the requirement cost should go to the WBS elements entered in CAT2.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

For costs to be transfered to WBS Element please use CAT5...the amounts would be seen

Thanks

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

In CAT5 also there is mesage " No Recored for transfer to PS "

Here problem in while executing the payroll accounting transcation system is not able to find CO assignment which is enterd in CAT2 screen receiver WBS element. Here system error message is CO object is required.

My question is why system is asking this as i alredy enrter WBS element in CAT2 screen as a Receiveer WBS elemnent.

Hrs are getting booked through CAT2 in IT 2002.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the payroll results for your test employee, do you see table C1 populated with the WBS Element used in the timesheet? This will need to be populated to use the WBS Element as the CO object for posting purposes.

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

any update please