cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number during GI posting REM scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

HELLO ALL,

We are having repetitive manufacturing scenario, we want serial numbers to be entered during goods issue posting (MFBF tranaction), please suggest what should be done.

I have configured in OIS2 and serialisation attributes for movement types for procedure MMSL with movement types 261 & 131.

When I do production booking through MFBF, system is asking for header material serial number however it is not asking the serial number for components for which serilization procedure is set as mandatory.

Moreover system is giving the error message "Message no. IO304"

Only 0 serial numbers entered instead of 1

Message no. IO304

Diagnosis

There is a serial number obligation, so the number of serial numbers must equal the number of serial numbers in the material document.

You can post the operation only if you entered the correct number of serial numbers previously.

System Response

Depending on the context in which the error arises, the system continues processing, or the required function cannot be performed.

Procedure

You have the following options, for example:

Check that the serial numbers are entered fully.

If necessary, display an error log.

If necessary, contact your system administrator.

please suggest how to enter serial numbers when posting the GI for components.

Thanks.

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

In my understanding the serial generation for the component's in REM scenario is not possible.

If my understanding is correct you can assign the serial no's only for the header materials at the time of confirmation in MFBF.

(Serial no activated materials cannot be backflushed).

Check and revert

Regards

S Mangalraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please read the following

Like production orders the serial number are not maintained to orders. The serial numbers are created prior

to backflush (MFBF) with IQ01 or IQ04. The documented goods movement posted along with serial number

at the backflush posting. Also in case of backflush reversal system reveres the status from AVLB to ESTO.

Serial number management is effective way of inventory monitoring and tracking. It is advisable to use in

sectors like consumer electronics, automobiles, and assembly units. Apart from inventory it is also useful in

after sales customer services where warranty plays important role.

Also you can create serial number during Goods receipt of Purchase order for component parts need to have seperate

z-program for this .

Regards,

Jaya Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mangalraj,

Do we have any SAP note whih says that serial number backflushing is not possible for components?

Suppose if we want to have the above functionality, can we go with some exits to cater our requirements?

Please also tell me whether the above functionality is possible in Descrete manufacturing?

Thanks

Kumar

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

In REM, components which are not requiring serial number assignment can only be backflushed. Please check OSS Notes# 100621 explaining this.

Regards,

Prasobh

Answers (0)