Explanation pls advise

Steve W

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

With every update, I uninstall the software en use Ccleaner to clean the registry.

Afterwards I reboot en after that I try to install the latest version. It sometimes indicates the serial is not ok but after I try it a few times with the same serial, it's working.

I think this is the most error avoiding way to do it..

Good luck,

Thijs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm at a loss as to how uninstalling the software helps a a Fix Pack installation. Fix Packs are software patches - they are NOT a full software version. This is quite evident by looking at the file sizes.

As to the error, I haven't seen it yet. Verify you have the Engage fixpack and not the Enterprise fixpack. If you are OK on the version, then I would open a customer message with SAP since 3.2 is very new and there very well may be bugs with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have non enterprise non server-based Xcelsius [and CR] - its hard to follow what the version namiing having purchased xcelsius as part of CR Advantage . All the PR blurb says Xcelsius Fix Pack 3.2 available - so with SAP an enterprise-focussed operation the stand alone PC only-based products are either of secondary consideration or the enterprise versioning of originally robust and viable stand alone Crystal Reports and Xcelsius are too problematic Both Crystal Reports and Xcelsius are being diluted functionality as a consequence - eg the inability of Crystal to handle indexing in eg dbase resulting in extremely slow report generation - my old CR 8.5 reports kill the latest CR versioning of the same report

I fear for the continued viability of the standalone versions as this is a market SAPsters dont understand or relate to as illustrated by the Xcelsius Fix Pack 3.2 process