Existing fields in commuication structure but problem exists
My problem is that i am already using a datasource, now for my new report I want some more fields in the data source which are present in the Communication Structure but not in Extract Structure, now if I I drag the fields then again I will require down time and all, is there any workaround possible.
Please help me out I am new to BI.
Surendra Kumar Reddy Koduru replied
If your datasource is already in production, and you want to data only from today onwards for enhanced fields, i.e. historical data is not required for enhanced fields..
1. Fix ECC down time for 20 to 30 munities
2. Keep all objects on Qty system in ECC and BW.
3. Run Delta laods in BW for 2 to 3 times.So with this step you can clear SMQ1 and RSA7. Check the entries in RSA7, if it is ZERO then it is fine.
4. Move DS from ECC Qty to ECC PROD .
5. Replicate in BW.
6. Move all BW objects from BW Qty to BW Prod.
7. Delete Init load in InfoPackage level (Not in ODS/Cube).
8. Load Init without DataTransfer.
9. Then Run Delta.
10.Next day on wards deltas will come as usual.
If you need Historical data also.
1. Delete data in Cube.
2. Fix Down Time and load Init then Delta.