cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i need one information that if my production and development server is Non Unicode then which version of solution manager require.

due to some license problem i m not able to login in solution manager so i m going to reinstall the solman 7.0

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Dear All,

> i need one information that if my production and development server is Non Unicode then which version of solution manager require.

>

> due to some license problem i m not able to login in solution manager so i m going to reinstall the solman 7.0

Dear Sukhbir,

It does not matter on whether your Managed ( Satellite ) systems are unicode or non Unicode. Solution Manager works well with both.

Since you are installing a brand new Solution Manager 7.0 system, I would recommend to install a Unicode & 64 bit version of Solution Manager 7.0. Please visit the url : http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager which states in the FAQ section that

-

7. Is a Unicode system mandatory in order to run Diagnostics in SAP Solution Manager?

End-to-End Root Cause Analysis requires a SAP Solution Manager 7.0 with a SAP double stack system (Web AS ABAP and Web AS Java in one SAP system). SAP recommends to run Solution Manager on Unicode (see also customer letter on Unicode). It is required to install all new Solution Manager Installations on Unicode. For customers that have upgraded from previous releases of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 and are not yet on Unicode, SAP recommends to migrate to Web AS ABAP to Unicode. If this is not possible, SAP will support End-to-End Root Cause Analysis with an ABAP stack on non-Unicode as of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 SP13, until the customer has completed the Unicode conversion.

-

Hope that this answers your query.

Regards

Amit

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

UC or Non UC is in fact on DB level.

In order to find out if ur system is UC or NON UC, u can run report RSPARAM in se38 then search for the parameter name OS_UNICODE. If its UC system, u will have uc as value