cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask: Training Scheduling Best Practice Methods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone share what is the best method for training scheduling? I am talking about given days, given timeslot, material distribution, class/participants distribution, etc.

I am on my second SAP implementation in OCM team so I would like to hear from you to make improvements.

Thanks a lot.

-Ilham A. Pratomo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have handled some Knowledge Transfer phase of a AMS project and I feel that atleast 4 weeks is a sufficient time for any complete knowledge transfer from the existing vendor to the new vendor. The time period is mentioned keeping in mind the precision of planning done. Planning is the key to success in this kind of take over. Following points may help to plan things

1. Spectrum of systems / modules involved / processes / level of customisation

2. Availability of resources for providing training and taking the knowledge transfer

3. The network and the other infrastructure to be made available

4. *Stakeholder commitment in providing the knowledge transfer*. Generally this one is a toughest in hostile takeovers

5. Language barriers during K.T.

Once these things are clear, the plan should be done for all possible processes, process chains, integrations with other module, involvement of interfaces etc.

The success of K.T. should also be evaluated by asking the trainees to provide a reverse K.T. every week on the topics taught to them.

Finally Documentation of all the processes, programs, interfaces is most important.

Even after this, there has to be a monitoring phase to ensure that knowledge has uniformly pervaded across all members of the team. In case of need, internal KTs need to be arranged within the team.

By doing all this, we were able to be productive from 3rd month onwards into the Managed Services phase.

Hope this approach helps you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RBM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ilham,

This is a complex question because it change between projects and scope, also the company size is another factor to be consider.

Also you need to consider if the training will be internal or external. As you can see is not a easy question to be answer...

I were on projects were the training took 2 weeks in full time for example.

Hope this helps you.

Regards!