cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install Additional Software Units or Usage Types in an Existing SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We have a Netweaver 7.0 EPH1 with JAVA, EP and EPC intallation,but i need install additional usage type BI JAVA and NWDI.

Copy the downloaded SCAs in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in and when execute JSPM - option Additional usage type installation, this not show usages type .

according to the installation guide, this is the procedure.

please help me.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Jhon Jairo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I can explain you this step by step how can you do this.

I read through 2 SAP Notes and Installation guide. I am telling you conclusion in here...

Reference

SAP Notes: 1268493 and 883948

Master Guide "Additional Information" Page 128 to 133

Steps:

First Download require components described in Master guide (Page 130)

Second Install this components through JSPM by selection "deploy new Software Components' (SAP Note 1268793 Page 2)

Third Download and edit script attached to SAP Note 1268493 and run script on java server.

Please let me know if you still have question.

This information is for BI Usage type installation.

Cheers....

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sergo,

I want install DI and BI JAVA as an additional UT in an existing SAP NetWeaver Java system containing usage types AS Java, EPC, and EP.

I check the note and the installation guide. I understand that I use option "Install Additional Usage Type", is correct?.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

yes, the usage type are show in "new software componets", but I have not installed this option.

According to documents the option to use is "Additional usage type installation" and not "new software component"

the strange, is because it shows me the usage types an option "new software component" and not the other.

thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try tp read Note 883948 - NW 7.00(2004s): Inst.Add.Java Usage Types/Software Units

may be you not provide all information about your configureation? -->

under INSTALLATION try to read.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, shitij

when execute JSPM - option "Additional usage type installation", this not show any usages type even the usage types installed are not show and show message "not applicable support packages stack found in inbox"

but when select option "new software component" show me the new usage types in the inbox.

thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is strange.. Does this mean that the usage types are instead showing up in "New Software Components"??? Also, are you able to install them?

I have serious doubt whether following the "New software components" is reliable or not, since it only installs software components, but usage types????... not sure.

If you have succeeded at this, please let me know also. Would try and check this on my portal as well.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have correctly extracted and put the files in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in, you need to run JSPM and select the option of additional usage types.

Next, select the desired stack from the inbox. Click Next.

JSPM shows the currently installed usage types and those of the new usage types in the stack, which are part of the active product on the system and all of their dependencies are fulfilled. They can have different status:

Available u2013 the usage type is already active in the system. These usage types are automatically skipped.

OK u2013 the usage type can be installed on the system. Specify whether to install or skip the usage type in the Action column.

Revise u2013 the usage type cannot be installed on this system. Click the Show Details button for more information. These usage types are automatically skipped.

Not Supported - the usage type is not supported by JSPM.

Can you tell us what is the status of the usage types visible to you? Are the new usage types having a different status or are they not completely visible at all? If that is the case, you may want to check whether the files that you have downloaded are correct or not and also check whether these are correctly extracted and placed in the right folder.

Regards,

Shitij