cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS J2EE Engine Tab Not Showing Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client did a recent reboot of their J2EE Engine, and once they were done I was unable to deploy applications to the server. Each time I try I get an error stating:

"Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !"

My settings haven't changed and they say neither have theirs. The odd thing is that the J2EE Engine tab in NWDS no longer shows the instance (so I can't see the J2EE Server, the Dispatcher or the SDM nodes anymore) but I still see the Cluster Monitors as I did before.

I can still open the applications in my browser using the same url as before. Very strange. What could cause this? I doubt the message server is down as the application stil runs fine.

Any ideas on what I can have them check?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Pls perform follwing steps:

1.Enter the J2ee engine information and message port in the nwds:Go NWDS->

Window -> Prefrences -> SAP J2EE engine -> Here Enter the values of Message Server Host and Message Server Port.

And click on apply+OK

Chcek if the J2ee server is running or not?

Http:<host>:<port>/index.html ->click on system information(message port and host is present) and check the stus of server and SDM

Ref:Forum:

Regards,

Lavanya.G

Edited by: Lavanya Goriga on Jun 18, 2010 9:09 AM

Edited by: Lavanya Goriga on Jun 18, 2010 9:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. We had all our settings setup correctly as we had been using this setup for several months.

Not sure exactly what was the issue, but a restart of the portal instance seemed to fix the issue.

Answers (0)