cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Crystal reports under IIS on another server with JBOSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is perfect newbie question: I think I have the correct example (below my signature) for my configuration, but I would like someone to verify that, before I spend 10u2019s of hours chasing my tail.

<p>

<p>

Here is my environment:

<p>

Server 1 (cpclnx01): jboss application server, Suse Linux, java/jsp application we want to call Crystal reports from<p>

Server 2 (cpccr): Crystal reports 2008, IIS7, Windows Server 2008

<p>

All I want to do is run crystal reports ( v9.x) from the filesystem ( unmanaged I guess) on cpccr.

<p>

Problem 1: I cannot find any of the files in #2 u2013 my web server is linux, and Iu2019m using IIS for the RAS<p>

Problem 2: I cannot find the war file ( CrystalReports.war) in #3

<p>

If I can get some of these simple configuration items resolved, I should be in good shape.

<p>

Thanks,<p>

-Jerry

<p>########################################

From: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/library/uuid/10a5bc2e-2b81-2b10-38b8-b30c152c0929

<p>

Report Application Server 12 Java SDK<p>

Sample Code<p>

<p>

This zip file contains all the sample code for the feature example samples in the Report Application Server 12 SDK. To run the samples, publish these JSP pages and supporting files to your webserver, and setup the following:<p>

<p><p>

1.<p>

<p>

You must download the sample reports used in the sample.<p>

• The required sample reports are:<p>

o SimpleRuntimeDataSource.rpt (included with this zip file)<p>

o SimpleModifyConnection.rpt (included with this zip file)<p>

o SimpleTableLocation.rpt (included with this zip file)<p>

o SimpleDiscreteParameters.rpt (included with this zip file)<p>

o SimpleSubreportLogin.rpt (included with this zip file)<p>

o Prompting.rpt<p>

o Drilldown.rpt<p>

o World Sales Report.rpt<p>

• Some of these sample reports use the Xtreme database as a datasource. You can download reports and the Xtreme sample database from: http://www.businessobjects.com/product/catalog/crystalreports/samplereports.asp.<p>

• Place the reports in the directories specified by each AlwaysRequiredSteps_UnmanagedRAS.jsp.<p>

• Publish the reports to your BusinessObjects Enterprise CMS repository.<p>

2. Add the JAR files in C:Program FilesBusiness Objectscommon4.0javalib to your webserver classpath. clientSDKOptions.xml is also located in C:Program FilesBusiness Objectscommon4.0javalib and must be accessible via the classpath at runtime.<p>

3. Add the crystalreportviewers folder to the sample web application, and set the crystal_image_uri parameter in your web.xml file to the correct relative path. The folder is created by deploying the CrystalReports.war file to your webserver. The WAR file can be found in C:Program FilesBusiness ObjectsBusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0javaapplications.<p>

4. Ensure that each sample JSP page references the correct include file for your RAS environment:<p>

• AlwaysRequiredSteps.jsp - to open a managed report from the BusinessObjects Enterprise CMS repository.<p>

• AlwaysRequiredSteps_UnmanagedRAS.jsp - to open an unmanaged report from a file path accessible to the RAS Server.<p>

5. Set the values of variables unique to your development environment in the include files:<p>

• AlwaysRequiredSteps.jsp - set the name and port number of your CMS, and the username, password and authentication type for the account used to run the samples.<p>

• AlwaysRequiredSteps_UnmanagedRAS.jsp - set the name and port number of your RAS server, and the correct path to the unmanaged report used in the sample.<p>

6. If you are using AlwaysRequiredSteps_UnmanagedRAS.jsp, several steps must be completed in order to programmatically open unmanaged reports using the RAS server with BusinessObjects Enterprise:<p>

• Enable the Guest account using the Central Management Console (CMC).<p>

• Using RAS server command line parameters in the CMC, configure the -ipport switch to specify a port number that you know to be free. For example, you can set the ipport switch to specify the default port 1566 with -ipport "1566". For further details, see the BusinessObjects Enterprise Administrator's Guide.<p>

• Using RAS server command line parameters in the CMC, configure the -reportdirectory switch to specify the full directory path containing the sample reports. <p>

7. For additional developer information and resources, visit http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com.<p>

Edited by: jrowley on Jun 17, 2010 10:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports RAS. Now, the 5 user license will not reset the usage count for 20 minutes.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

The help document you reference is for the Report Application Server SDK; this is no longer available as a standalone SDK (unless you have an OEM Partner Agreement.) It is now only available as part of the managed enterprise products, such as Crystal Reports Server, BusinessObjects Edge or BusinessObjects Enterprise.

Unless I am missing part of the story, it seems you don't have the products you need to do what you want to do. Crystal Reports 2008 does not contain any runtime Java SDK's.

If you want to deploy a Crystal Reports java application that is free, check out [Crystal Reports for Eclipse|]. If you want something to deploy on IIS, check out the [Crystal Reports for .NET|].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn't specify, I have Crystal Reports Application Server 2008. My problem was I didn't install the product, and the path was completely different than it says in the document ( on my server it is c:\DatabaseFiles not c:\Program files\Business Objects).

<p>

I have found the jar files and am in the process of testing the example.