Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC ORDERS05 E1EDP01 E1EDP19 Logic VG205

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I need your help for understanding.

I create orders by Idoc ORDERS05. In my case I receive already the correct material number in Field E1EPD01-MATNR.

But to got a correct IDOC status only if a maintain E1EPD19-IDTNR as well E1EPD01-MATNR seems to be useless ( you can test it if you maintain different existing material numbers in E1EPD19-IDTNR/E1EPD01-MATNR. For me its a bug that I have to use segment E1EPD19. It can be a risk, if you have 2 information records with same supplier ident numbers (which can happen for old and new articles), so result will be random. Or is there something I won't see?

The other Problem is : If you use e.g. QUALF 002, but you will not have a supplier information record with the correct number, idoc creation fails. To solute this I have set a filter on segment E1EPD19 in BD56. Now it must be in the file, but will be ignored only the IDTNR is taken still from there.

By the way, like a lot on Idocs .. Message VG205 - No articel text for Pos xxxx is irritating. You not have to maintain KTEXT if you not want. This message appears also if material will not be found. (e.g. QUALF 002 - But no matching article number in information records of supplier.

In fact that only QUAL 001,002,003,010,014,017 are used in the following function IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS, to use another QUALF is not the solution (only, use 013 and modificate in user exit, but this what we have seems to me like a standard scenario)

So, would you kindly tell me if I have missed something at this problem?

Thank you in advance.

SAP Release is 4.7.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Message VG205

Check this thread

[ORDERS05 Text Item category Issue|;

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. I have already seen this thread, but this is not my problem. The mention of VG205 is only for others who have problem with it, to say, that the error message doesn't clearly belong to the error, because it's also appears it the real error reason is another.

For me it's more the problem with the whole segment E1EDP19 or the logic that MATNR is ignored if it's filled.