cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in transformation steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where i need to send to source messages to ont target message ,I am tring to do using BPM.

I have used steps

1)recive step to recive the file(I am giving here 1 msg type from two)

2)Transformation step to transform two sources to 1 target

3)Send file to pick the file.

I am not doing any configuration for the transformation step...

Error in bpm work flow technical details at mapping error..

*****com/sap/xi/tf/_eadress_mm_com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.

api.BaseRuntimeExceptionRuntimeException in

Message-Mapping transformatio~******

I have tested messape mapping & interface mapping they where no errors..

Can any please help me how to work with transformation or can any one please send sample weblogs which explains transformation step in detail...

Thanks

sriram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses

In My scnr the two source messages are different & i am not using fork.In mapping occurences i have given n:1,my problem dint get rectified is there any other way to do other than using tranformation,or they where any steps to be configured with transformation,.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

If you have not used a fork, have you used a loop? If you can explain the design of your bpm, the forum members can help you better!

Also, is your message mapping and interface mapping working even on duplicating the messages??

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Since you are doing an N:1 scenario and based on the error that you are getting, I suggest you check your mapping once again.

Test the mapping with multiple messages in the source side(duplicate the message type in the source side). If it is throwing an error, then check the occurence. The source side should have an occurence of 0 to unbounded and the target should have 0...1. Do the same kinda check even for the interface mappings-check the ocurences

Also, when you are calling the mapping in the transformation step of the bpm, check the condition you are giving in the fork step. Go through the following documentation regarding bundling of messages:-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your interface mapping, make sure that you change the occurence of the source interface to 0 to unbounded. I dont think this would show up as an error while testing it in the repository.

This runtime exception could also be because, a mandatory node might be missing in the source message.

Regards,

Smitha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>1)recive step to recive the file(I am giving here 1 msg type from two)</i>

>> Do you mean, you are getting 2 files of same message type ? i.e multiple messages of same message type,then you need to collect it and send it one message ? So you need to execute N:1 mapping ?

If so, you need to go for bpmCollectPatterns available in the SAP BSAIS Software comoponent in the Repository.

Refer this part of SAP Help-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

If you have 2 types(i.e 2 different Interfaces) of files then you can look into this Pattern-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

>>>the error looks like , mapping is not done properly.i.e did you test the mapping with the live data from the SXMB_MONI.

Also check the Occurence levels of the messages in the mapping, if you are collecting the messages

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy