cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCS and postings directly on rental object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to settle charges to a specific tenant.

For achieving this

1. I have created a service charge key with the direct posting indicator = 2 (=ctr/RO directly assignable to account).

2. I want to do a vendor invoice posting on a space, which should be included in the SCS

I have tried entering the following combination as cost object ....

- Business entity + space + service charge key

- Business entity + space + service charge key + ref. date

- Business entity + space + ref. date

- Business entity + space + service charge key + SU + ref. date

But I always get message RECAAP012

Real estate object cannot be determined from entries

I have implemented the latest note 1467104 concerning this message.

What do I do wrong?

thx

tsfeaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefaan,

could you please check your customizing settings.

1. Define RE-Specific Account Properties for directly assigned costs

Select the rental object and contract fields, and specify a service charge key with the property RO - Directly Posted or RO/Contract Directly Posted. In the IMG activity Accounts Allowed for Individual Service Charge Keys you can also assign more than one service charge key to the account property.

Account properties for directly posted accounts should be allowed only for rental objects and possibly contracts, and not be permitted for any other object type.

2. Define Accounts Allowed for Individual Service Charge Keys

For directly posted costs, the system makes checks during posting to see which settlement unit or settlement period the posting belongs to. In addition, the system uses the account property and the account to determine the service charge keys that are compatible with them. Then it tries to find the posted rental object in a settlement unit that has one of these service charge keys. This indirect assignment between the rental object and the directly postable settlement unit therefore has to be unique. In order to ensure that settlement master data is not created incorrectly, set up the system so that for each account exactly one service charge key can be used for a directly postable rental object. You may also want to allow exactly one service charge key to be used for a directly postable rental object/contract. The same account can also be used for other settlement units.

3. Assign RE-Specific Properties to G/L Account

G/L account has to be assigned to account property for directly assigned costs

Hope that helps.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

thx a lot for your info.

regards

stefaan

It still seems very complex to set up

As I undestand one has to ...

- set up the service chargekeys twice (as directly postable and as 'normal')

- set up the settlement units twice (since you have double service charge keys)

Is there no easier solution?

thx

stefaan

former_member192763
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Franz, is there a way to verify the checks done by the system to identify the settlement unit for direct postings? (eg. a function module/class method) This could be helpful to debug the customizing done.

Regards,

Massimo