cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM 5.0 to SCM 5.1 Upgrade: JAVA Error at DEPLOY_JDD Phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am upgrading SCM 5.0 to SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode (ABAP+JAVA) System. For JAVA Upgrade I got following error

Trouble Ticket Report

Upgrade to SAP SCM 5.1

SID................: SID

Hostname...........: scm51nun

Install directory..: c:/usr/sap/SID

Upgrade directory..: C:\usr\sap\jupgrade

Database...........: Microsoft SQL Server

Operating System...: NT

JDK version........: 1.4.2_26 Sun Microsystems Inc.

SAPJup version.....: 1.1.112

Source release.....: 700

Target release.....: 700

Current usages.....: AS;SCMSUI;SCMWCL;AAS;SCM-APP

ABAP stack present.: true

The execution of UPGRADE/UPGRADE/DEPLOY_JDD ended in error.

Error while executing SDM process phase with action DEPLOY_SLOT. See C:\usr\sap\jupgrade\log\DEPLOY_SLOT_0__DJD_01.LOG for details.

Cannot execute Java process for deployList with parameters C:/usr/sap/jupgrade/tmp/SLOT.DEPLOY.LST.

Return code condition success evaluated to false for process java.exe for action ACTION_DEPLOY_LIST.

More information can be found in the log file C:\usr\sap\jupgrade\log\DEPLOY_JDD_DJD_01.LOG.

Use the information provided to trouble-shoot the problem. There might be an OSS note providing a solution to this problem. Search for OSS notes with the following search terms:

com.sap.sdt.j2ee.phases.PhaseTypeSDMProcess

com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.PhaseException

Error while executing SDM process phase with action DEPLOY_SLOT. See C:\usr\sap\jupgrade\log\DEPLOY_SLOT_0__DJD_01.LOG for details.

DEPLOY_JDD

UPGRADE

NetWeaver Upgrade

SAPJup

Java Upgrade

Following is the part of DEPLOY_JDD_DJD_05.LOG

eType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:833)#Java###Duration: .#1#0:00:05.203# #1.5#C0000A0123200000000005785B6DF84B0004893B2651CEF0#1276787045814#/System/Server/Upgrade/Phases/UPGRADE/UPGRADE/DEPLOY_JDD##com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:834)#######Thread[main,5,main]##0#0#Info#1#com.sap.sdt.ucp.phases.AbstractPhaseType.cleanup(AbstractPhaseType.java:834)#Java###Phase status is .#1#error#

Please suggest solution to overcome this Problem.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Edited by: Ajay_Basis on Jun 17, 2010 5:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem got resolved and my upgrade is successful. The trouble ticket is pointing to DEPLOY_JDD_DJD_08.LOG and DEPLOY_SLOT_0__DJD_08.LOG

When I have checked DEPLOY_SLOT_0__DJD_08.LOG file it was giving error like

com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.dbsc.JDBC_DRIVER(C:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS51\exe\mssjdbc\base.jar;C:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS51\exe\mssjdbc\util.jar;C:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS51\exe\mssjdbc\sqlserver.jar;C:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS51\exe\mssjdbc\spy.jar) is not available.

Additional error message is:

com.sap.sdm.util.classloaders.SDMClassLoaderException: Cannot create class loader for component

So I have searched for those *.jar files in the SAP system and copied to that directory it was loading from. That solved the problem.

Thanks,

Ajay.