cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification of SAP Delivered FPM Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone have a good document/site/info on the best way to modify SAP delivered applications in ABAP WebDynPro? WE would like to add functionality to the Business Package for Internal Sales; which uses ABAP WebDynPro functionality.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One word Enhancements.

The WDA framework is so easy to enhance that it is scary! You can add value to contexts, add new UI elements, adjust existing ones, etc.

As for a best practice - ensure that all your enhancements are grouped together and allow them to be switched on/off using the SAP switch framework (this allows you a very simple way to return to SAP standard should you ever need to request SAP support - as once you have an active enhancement you're unlike to get much in the way of service marketplace support should you run into a bug...)

Cheers

Chris

former_member610333
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the enthusiastic response Chris!

Do you have any good reference documentation on how to do these enhancements?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

the best resource I can find on this is an excellent presentation by SAP mentor .

[The Right Way to Enhance SAP|http://www.masteringsap.com/tech/gr]

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

Chris

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Graham suggested that I also let you know the link to the Wiki area where there are even more links about this.

[Wiki: The new Enhancement Framework and the new kernel-based BAdI |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/ThenewEnhancementFrameworkandthenewkernel-basedBAdI]

former_member610333
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris.. But these are general ABAP focused.. Anything on WDA?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Not that I know of...

but the principle is the same - it's just that whereas with WDA once you select the enhancement view you can still edit/change/create almost everything rather than being restricted to a few simple explicit enhancement points.