cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status flag on condition screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a strange situation with the posting status flag on the condition screen in RECN/RE80. The way we understand it, that flag shows as a hollow bubble when we add a condition, then when we post it with RERAPP it turns to a green check mark. Lately, some new conditions, even when they have been posted through RERAPP, do not show the green check mark. this makes it look like they haven't been posted yet and is confusing some users.

If it's any hint, the problematic ones seem to be the ones posted through a new program we just implemented.

In addition to that, the flags quit working when a contract has over about 50 conditions on it. Does anybody have any hints what is happening here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our basis person and business experts do not believe that implementing note 1032858 will solve our problem of missing status flags. Presently I'm wondering if it is something in configuration, although I can't find anything. This is only happening with our Timber Sales contracts, other contracts for leases etc. do not have the problem. So Franz, can you think of anything in SPRO that might explain this and could be configured differently for different types of contracts? I can find surprisingly little documentation about those flags and exactly where/how they are set. but I do appreciate you trying to help.

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

Unfortunately I guess that it would be necessary to check the issue in the system. I saw that you have opened a customer message for this issue. I will have a look.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your time Franz. We are currently on release 500 sp11 for EA-APPL. (according to our basis person).

I do hope the upgrade to ECC6.0 solves the problem, but unfortunately, that will not be for a few months and we have some users getting antsy about the flags. No, we don't have any test system or such already upgraded to try it on. A little more information: When this happens, it seems to be on contracts which have nultiple conditions with the same condition type. In these cases, the first one gets the green flag correctly, but following conditions of the same type do not. It seems that ponly the first one gets a green flag.

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

for contracts with more than 50 objects (or conditions) the determination of the posting status is switched off due to performance reasons. Please refer to SAP note 775243.

Furthermore please check if implementation of the SAP note 1032858 may help to resolve the issue.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Franz: We are using version 4.6, will upgrade to ECC6.0 in a few months. The new program I mentioned posts the documents by running program RFRERAPP, which I would think is the same as calling transaction RERAPP. We really have no choice the way the consultants configured our system as to how many conditions a contract can have. Most of the ones where the flag quits working have just a few conditions. Any contract with over 50 conditions loses the flag, regardless of how it was entered.

Dop you have any information, or know where I can look up exactly what makes the flags turn on or off? I have searched for such clues with no luck.

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

as you are planning to upgrade soon to ECC 6.0, did you have already the possibility to check if the issue persists also in ECC 6.0, perhaps in a test system that had been already upgraded?

Maybe the issue is resolved after upgrading.

Which support package for EA-APPL are you running at the moment? This information would be helpful for checking if there is a correction in 4.6C available.

Regards, Franz

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dale,

which release/support package for component EA-APPL are you running?

Furthermore could you please give further details about "the problematic ones seem to be the ones posted through a new program we just implemented".

Do you use a customer specific program and not RERAPP for posting?

One general remark: for performance reasons and also for handling you should try to keep your contracts small and use not too much conditions to it. Maybe it is better to split the contract into two separate ones if possible.

Regards, Franz