cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for ASAP Inputs - As-Is Business Process Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to the SAP world and my company is in the early phases of implementation. I am trying to prepare the "as-is" business process maps for the Project Preparation and Business Blueprint phases and I am looking for some best practices. I've been told that we don't want them to go too deep but are there best practices and/or examples that give more information on what we should be capturing and the format.

I have searched the forums, WIKI, ASAP documentation, and other areas but have not found much at this level of detail. I have reviewed the [SAP BPM Methodology|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPBPX/BPM+Methodology] but again I am looking for more detail if anyone can direct me to that.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

You can try to prepare a word document for each of your As-Is processes first before going to As-Is Process Design in a flowchart.

The word document can have 7 sections -

The first section can include Name of the Process Owner, Designation, Process Responsibility, User Department(s) involved, Module Name and a Document number for reference.

The second section can include Process Definition details - Name of the major process, Name of the minor process, Name of the sub process and a Process ID for future reference.

The third section can be titled as Inputs - this contains details of - Input, Vendor for the input, Type of Input (Data / Activity / Process), Category of Input (Vital / Essential / Desirable) and Mode of Information (Hard / Soft Copy).

The fourth section can be Process Details. Here you can write the process in detail.

The fifth section to contain outputs of the process, customer to whom these outputs are sent, type of output (report / approval / plan / request / email / fax), Category of Output (Vital / Essential / Desirable) and Mode of Information (Hard / Soft Copy).

The sixth section can be Issues / Pain Areas in this process - Issue Description, Remarks, Expectations, Priority (High / Medium / Low)

The seventh section can be expected reports in future out of this process for internal and external reporting.

Hope this helps your question.