Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.11 PI Java Memory Usage

CLOEFFLER
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.

We are running 2 SAP PI-Systems based on NW 7.11 using 2 Java-Server-Instances each (Windows / Oracle).

So far everything is fine but we noticed a high memory consumption which is obviously caused by the Java-Stack.

We can put any amount of memory into the Virtual Machines it will always be consumed by the Java-Stack. Right now the Windows-VM has 18 GB --- more than 10 GB are consumed by Java.

I figured out that Java is the culprit in two ways:

> giving Oracle less memory --- the now available memory will be consumed by java

> giving the VM more memory --- the now available memory will be consumed by java

I do not want this. I learned from note 1248926 that there is a new ZeroAdmin Memory Model in 7.11.

I tried to figure out how to switch it off or tell it not to use all the memory --- but I didnot find any solutions.

Any idea how to manage this?

PS: Config-Tool is not the option --- all changes will be ignored (it seems so).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jozsó
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

the ZAMM means that you don't need to change any memory parameter because they are calculated based on the selected template. I think the MaxHeapSize of the serverprocess isn't set higher than 4GB therefore it is hard to imagine that the AS-JAVA consumes 10GB or even more.

Where do you monitor the memory usage?

If you check the last line of the std_server0.out file you can see the allocated memory after a Garbage Collection. Could you paste the last lines here?

Regards,

Jozsef

Answers (0)