cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating table parameters using standard JCA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to call a function module from Java using JCA, but having problems populating table parameters for input. Calling function modules without table parameters is working fine, so I know the general infrastructure is all correct.

For example, if I have a function module called FM_TEST, which accepts a table input value called MY_TABLE - how should I go about populating the data for this input table within my Java class?

I need to use standard JCA (i.e. no custom SAP interfaces) but can't find any working examples of how to do this. I found [this example|https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-100603] but it doesn't seem to work. Whenever I try use this, I can an error saying "Field MY_TABLE not a member of Request".

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to load a table input? A code sample or reference to more complete documentation would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart

Can you please tell me how did you use JCA in Java?

I am tryign to do the same thing. I am having an issue with setting up the ConnectionProperties prop = new ConnectionProperties(request.getLocale(),);

I only have HTTPServletRequest and do not have IPortalComponentRequest. Can you please tell me how did you do this?

Appreciate your help

preet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, my mistake. I found the problem and it was a simple type in the function module name. Fixed that and it all works great.

Should've looked more carefully!