cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman_setup and BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have upgraded one of our solution manager systems to 7.0 EHP1 stack 24. Following the upgrade I started solman_setup. In one of the screens it appears to be wanting RSA1 to be run on the solution manager system, activating the local BI source system. At this point it is complaining that table EDP13 is not properly maintained.

Is the activation of BI required? Is there documentation on the proper configuration?

Best regards,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jiamin.

I'm running RSA1 from client 001. It's complaining that required entries are not present in table EDP13.

You said the table is automatically maintained. Is there a way of triggering it to remaintain?

I've looked at the contents of the table on both of our solman systems, and the required values aren't there.

Best regards,

Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction RSA13 and right-click over the system and choose "restore", not sure may be that will help.

Regards,

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect!

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Russ

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

Its better to have ur BI client 001 in ur solman

cuz its not a good idea to use another BW system to charge ur Solman cube. The BI solman is pre-configured by SAP with standard cubes for different functionalities (BPmon cubes, RCA cubes...). Its much easier to activate these BI Content in a BI client of Solman.

and its not a good idea to use the productive client for BI utility either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replys.

I had assumed that I could use client 001. So, do you typically have to manually maintain table edp13 or go into we20/we21? Is there any documentation on this?

Best regards,

Russ

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

chose the 001 client for BI, the table is maintained automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not the production solution manager. I upgraded a test solution manager prior to putting the maintenance in production.

We have seperate BI systems. Is it more typical to use the BI on a seperate non-solution manager system?

Best regards,

Russ

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

well, i normally just use another client in solman for BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can use 001 client as BI client n solman itself.

Regards,

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

thats wut i do all the time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was prompted to specify if BI was installed in a seperate client or system. I selected neither. SAP_BW and BI_CONT are both installed on the solution manager system.

Are you saying I have to manually maintain table EDP13 and setup an RFC to itself? No wizards or documentation?

Best regards,

Russ

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

u mean that u have ur Solman productive and BI on the same client ?

i dont think u have to maintain the table manually

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

have u indicated the BI client during the initial configuration of the Solman_setup ?

if so, u have to run RSA1 on ur BI client

it seems that EDP13 table in Solman stores the entries about ur RFC to BI client

normally this table in ECC contains data of ur IDOC

Edited by: JIAMIN PAN on Jun 17, 2010 3:37 PM