cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity creating Automatically with ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can an Activity be created automatically when an employee raises a request from ESS?

Thanks

Swati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This questions depends on the version of the Employee Interaction Center you are using.....if you are using the ERP (Enterprise) version of EIC you can have employees fill out the webrequest which gets routed into the agents inbox.

If you are using CRM or the new SSF (EHP5) this funcationality is not enabled though my guess is it will be with EHP6 but you could always build a custom solution.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

Thank You.This was a generic Question that I had. We are using ERP of EIC and in EHP3..yes I am buliding a link in the ESS portal and having that web request its comes to the agents inbox...But the Activity will not be created Automatically with the data filled in the Webrequest and the EIC agent needs to create it?

Please correct me if my understanding is correct.

Thanks

Swati

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using standard SAP functionality the activity will not be created automatically with the data from the webrequest without the agent processing it from the inbox.

That said, for several clients we have built custom functionality (to detailed to outline in a forum like this) to automatically create an activity from the webrequest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jarret.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Did you find the solution?

Can you please share the solution for this particular requirement?

Thanks,

Ninad Sonawane.

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using standard SAP functionality the activity will not be created automatically with the data from the webrequest without the agent processing it from the inbox.

That said, for several clients we have built custom functionality (to detailed to outline in a forum like this) to automatically create an activity from the webrequest.

former_member52420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret

When the agent processes the web request via the agent inbox where is the web request information stored ie is it attached under contact information or is some of the data transferred to the description or note fields of the activity?

Best wishes

Julie

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie

The ESS web request will be stored as a contact and if you have OSS note 1601467 the text of the EIC Web Request will be copied into the Notes section of the newly created activity as this was an enhancement for another one of our customers.

Hope everything is going well at Kent.

Jarret Pazahanick

EIC Experts

former_member52420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret

Many thanks for your quick response. All is well.

We have the note as just upgraded to EA-HRGXX 605 SP21. I note this also applies to creating activities via email in note 1568513. I will feed this back to the business as they are currently requesting a form for users to be able to submit to EIC.

However, as the web request form does not automatically create an activity and I believe this would be a requirement, this would have to be developed.

Best wishes

Julie

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct that functionality to automatically create an activity from the EIC Web-Request would be a custom development and one that several of our customers have asked for as well so you are not alone.

Answers (0)