cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application with huge data flow to capture and submit to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WD Gurus,

I want know the best practice way to store/hold huge (I am talking about few hundreds of fields for dropdowns) data that i receive from backend (ECC) for WD Java application and reuse that data (as users selects from multiple dropdown menu's) and submit it back to ECC tables

FYI, when user selects a top dropdown component e.g., say building, then the consecutive dropdowns should be reflected based on building i.e, wood, carpet, tiles, etc,. upon selecting carpet we needs to drill down to sub-sections. There are 4 different levels for each sub-section.

FYI, this application will have 3 different views to capture closer to hundreds of fields based on the sections users select on the higher section i.e, building.

Please help me to come up with data store as will as screen flow too, since the data capture is quiet huge I am confused to give which type of layout will be best fit for data entry.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Kishore

PS: I am sorry for the lengthy explanation, as I feel that will help in understand my point correct. If still ambiguous let me know.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My idea here would be :

1) Fetch all the dropdown data from back end in one RFC or in few RFCs.

2) Create a model in a seperate WD Component , this component will not have any UI , a facelss component.

3) in a method or in some methods get the necesary dropdown values as it is from Back end , expose this method in this faceless component.

4) get this data from model nodes to value nodes.

5) when needed filter the data and bind to the attribute.

For best practisec refer to the following pdf :

[Best Practices for Optimizing Web Dynpro Java Application Performance|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/shop?rid=/media/uuid/802790af-ce5f-2b10-c8b6-b3f5b36d4c48|Best Practices for Optimizing Web Dynpro Java Application Performance]

Good Luck!!

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashish

First sorry for the late reply, as i was busy with other activities.

I am expecting similar flow, but how heavy this applicaiton can be when users are trying to access from Internet. As we need to publish this list to Internet for external users to fill.

Is there any other design to be fallowed when WD Java has to be used from Internet, know in the heaviness of WD Java.

Much appreciate your time and answer.

Kind regards,

Kishore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by creating custom controller to fetch data and utilised upon required

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I hope this help u:

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2006/07/18/ovs-rfc

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2006/03/10/minus-evs-plus-ovs-value-help-smart-input

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/08/15/ovs-reloaded

regards,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Angelo

I have been through these topics earlier.

All my drop downs can be a SVS, as my data to select don't exceed more than 20 dropdowns and users are much aware of what exactly to select. But the number of dropdowns are too many this is where it is getting tricks to fetch data and store in the application with minimal impact on application.

Kind regards,

Kishore

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1) Create a context "a" with items in common for all dropdowns (this context will only be associated with a specific dropdown later)

2) Create a table (transparent) and put only one dropdown per table row

3) When the user clicks on a dropdown, the event leadSelect the table will dynamically load context "a" items for this dropdown.

4) No change of dropdown store the value selected in another context.

This way you will have the full range of data replicated in several dropdowns (do not forget to clean the data from other dropdowns when you load a new).

best regards,

Angelo