cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability checking - How Avail check can see the Reservat linked to a SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii there,

We have the following issue. When we create a Sales Order, we want to reserve the stock so that when another Sales Order for the same material is created, the standard Material Availability check will know the 1st SO has x amount of stock already reserved.

We are running the standard BAPI - BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY and using the Availabilty checking rule assinged in the Material Master and the Scope of check from Transaction OPJJ, but we are not able to force the Avail Check to acknowledge the Reservation created for the Sales Order.

The standard Reservation check on the Scope of check is only for manually created Material Reservations but we are creating ours linked to a Sales Order (movement ype 231) and although you can see the Reservation in the RESB table, the Avail check does not take this reservation into consideration.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Owen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

The BAPI is only showing the availability, but is not creating the actual commitments.

Commitments are created when doing the ATP check in the context of the SO.

Else, there's a functionality for collective ATP for SOs.

Regards,

Mario

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When we create a Sales Order, we want to reserve the stock

1) Go to material master and check what availability check is maintained. Most probably, it should have been 02

2) Next go to OVZ9, select the combination 02 => A and execute. There tick the box for "Include sales reqmts". and save

3) Now create a sale order and update the forum how it works

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks for taking time to respond to my question.

I understand that we are not doing commitments on the ATP but my question is if we have a reservation linked to a Sales order, how can this reservation be included in the ATP check?

Also, can you share the transaction code or the process for collective ATP for SO's?

Thanks,

Owen