cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a EMC Documentum Server and we are using SAP 4.7. Through SAP, we would like to store documents on the documentum server and access them as well.

I would like to know whether to integrate SAP with Documentum, do we require the EMC Add-on : "Content Services for SAP" or can we integrate without this. If we can integrate without the above service, what configuration is required on the Documentum side? I would like to like to Documentum as HTTP Content Server.

Second question is, for doing the above integration, do I require SAP PI?

Best Regards,

Dinar Karkhanis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinar,

Generally you have to create a content repository and storage categories in the SAP system to enable your users to store original files on a content server. The content repository which is linked to the content server can be maintained in transaction CSADMIN. The storage category can be maintained in transaction OACT and then linked to the content repository.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your answer.

The issue is while trying to define a Content Repository in transaction OAC0. -

I get this error - HTTP error: 404 Not Found -

I have the following settings:

Document Area : ArchiveLink

Storage type: HTTP Content Server

Version no. 0045

HTTP server : IP of the Documentum Server

Port Number 9081

HTTP Script: /webtop/drl/objectId/contentserver.dll (This file may not be available - where do I get this from?)

Transfer drctry: /usr/sap/QA1/SYS/global (This directory is on the SAP server - is this correct or should it be on the Content Server?)

Also, EMC says that we have to install the additional software - "Content Services for SAP" - Do we require this for establishing a connection?

Best Regards,

Dinar Karkhanis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinkar,

From documentum you need to install the "Content service for SAP" so that this repository can be assigned in SAP DMS.i.e. CSADMIN.

Regards,

Ravindra

Answers (0)