cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to SAOP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a up gradation project where PI/XI is replacing the business connector for sending the data from sap to share point. Here from sap data is coming through RFC among 3 fields one field value is in the base-64 format. I have configured every thing and tried to test the scenario. It is success in the sxmb_moni. but the data is not posted to receiver(share point). In the adapetr engine monitoring audit log there is an error

SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap fault: Server was unable to process request. ---> Invalid length for a Base-64 char array.

Can you please help me how to solve this.

Regards,

Rama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Invalid length for a Base-64 char array.

Check the limitation of message format of soap request.

If possible you can also decode the message (3 filed) from the request and can map to the soap request. If share point accept this then can solve your problem too.

decoding a simple message is not a big task. I think you only have to write 3-4 lines of java code in UDF.

Regards,

Farooq

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can you please help me how to solve this.

Check in the log of the receiver application, which data arrive and compare with data expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the way to hadnle this is use of java mapping, to handle conversion and then proceed further with sending the data of that field to SOAP receiver.

SOAP receiver is using UTF-8 encoding by default. Thus you may need to consider the conversion of base-64 while sending data to receiver system

Thanks

Swarup