Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See polling of all file adapter

former_member296836
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am just testing a new scenario. For this test I set polling interval down to 20 seconds.

Because often polling is expensive in performance, I was thinking that I have to remember

to reset interval to 3600.

My question: Is there any possibility to see polling of file adapters anywhere?

We have a lot of file adapter and I want to avoid to open every adapter to figure out the intervall.

For jobs in SAP we have sm37 to see which job is executed. Is there some kind of monitoring for adapters in PI 7.1?

Thx

Regars

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The polling interval setup for File or JDBC adapter is on Java stack, thus we don't have direct way to trace the polling interval of all related channels together.

For timebeing only option is to look each channel..:-))

Thanks

Swarup

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

My question: Is there any possibility to see polling of file adapters anywhere?

We have a lot of file adapter and I want to avoid to open every adapter to figure out the intervall.

We had a similar situation and we wrote an API, implemented it through an interface and got the list of all the CCs with all the details from the configuration.

There is no direct approach as such.

If you need further details regarding the API and implementation, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Neetesh

former_member296836
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

thanks a lot for your answers. Unfortunatelly these are answers I supposed.

@Neetesh Raj

I would be very interested in details of the mentioned soloution. Can you please post a more

detailed description about what you did?

Thanks

regards

Chris

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think the reference here is the integration directory api

/people/william.li/blog/2008/10/20/directory-api-development--part-3-of-3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

There are two ways of getting the list of CCs with all the details:-

1. Use web service of the Dir API from WSNavigator / SOAPUI.

2. Make use of Dir API as an interface in PI.

We have implemented the 2nd approach, reason being we run the scheduler from R3 and we write the response in a CSV file, with the information that we actually want. Also, filter options with spreadsheet is good (we can open csv file in spreadsheet).

If you go to http://<server>:<port>/wsnavigator -> search "directory" -> check the service ending with "CommunicationChannelServiceVi". Open that and you will have different operations that you can use.

With Query operation, you get the list of all the CCs and with READ you get the details of one / more CC. You can use this service directly here to get the response or use it in the interface, depending on your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

According to my knowledge there is no direct way to find the polling interval.

Once we go to the message monitoring --> communication channel monitoring --> Click on details then we got the details on that we find the polling interval.

Except this we don't find the polling interval any where.

Regards

Ramesh