cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax determination in sales document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one issue regarding tax determination.

We have changes of tax conditions starting from 1st july 2010.

We setup new tax conditions within VK11 / MWST.

=> fine!

My scenario is:

- User created an offer (VA21) in june 2010 with old tax condition.

- Now in july 2010 e.g. user will create an order with ref. to that offer.

Problem: The order has the old tax code.

Tax is as I understood determined by "Service rendered date". As I do not have a service rendered date within offers I checked the behaviour of "Req. deliv. date" in the overview dialog of VA02.

When I change "Req. deliv. date" to july date and "carry out new pricing" tax is with new tax code.

As I cannot recommend to the user to always check "Req. deliv. date" and then do a "carry out new pricing",

I would like to ask you what the correct way is.

Thanks for your replies.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@JP: Many thx for your replies. I really understand it much better now!

Problem why I hesitate to set it to D is, that other calc schemes are using same condition MWST.

Do I have to create "my own condition" just for that issue?

Regards

Wolfi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let it be, what it is for know. Otherwise it is not effect the open docs

But for your future use/operation, you can create Z Condition type of your business requirement.

Hope it assisted you.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first, let me thank you for your replies !!!!!!

@Azeez:

you said: "Kindly check the proposal for pricing date and proposal valid from date in VOV8 for document types"

=> They are set to BLANK and I guess copied from offer AG to order TA.

@JP:

you said: "Check Pricing date in Control data 2: for your condition type (Tax). For your case maintain that as 😧 Creation date (KOMK-ERDAT)."

=> It's set to BLANK as well. Means KOMK-PRSDT, tax KOMK-FBUDA)

=> I do not really know whether I can change this parameter, cause condition is used in other calc schemes as well

=> What is the effect of changing it to "D" ?

Thx

Wolfi.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pricing date: D Creation date (KOMK-ERDAT)

Enter the identification code for the date to which a condition of this type is to be calculated in the sales document. If you do not enter an identification code, the pricing date or the date of services rendered is used.

For instance, it is a good idea to use the goods issue date as the calculation date for freight surcharges. In this case, you enter 'A' as the identification code. Similar for Taxes, you can use D.

Try and let us know.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

o.k. that's a good idea! Thx. I will use "G" instead of "A" which is actually set!

But anyway, which date is used to determine tax?

Cheers

wolfi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the proposal for pricing date and proposal valid from date in VOV8 for document types.

OR

In condition record u have valid to and valid from date. When the tax changes u will create new condtion record then at that time we will specify the valid from and valid to. then i hope it will pick automatically the new one.

with regards

Azeez.Mohd

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Pricing date in Control data 2: for your condition type (Tax)

For your case maintain that as 😧 Creation date (KOMK-ERDAT).

Hope it can solve your query.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can maintain Pricing type as "G" - Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes in Copy Control VTAA.

Kindly check this.

with regards

Azeez.Mohd