cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Convert Normal Webdynpro applications into DCu2019s Applications in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have one doubt. In my Project first we are not using NWDI. So I can develop all application in to Webdynpro Applications. My Total project is done. Now that project in Live Also.

What I am doing here.

How to Movie to DEV-QA-PRO

Here what I am doing just take all .ear file and deployed into QA and PRO by using SDM(remoteGui.bat) file. Now every think working fine.

Now my Client asking again By Using NWDI we can move to Production.

Previous I have done all applications into Webdynpro Applications (normal applications). I canu2019t DCu2019s. By using NWDI We can create DCu2019s only. Now my Applications all are in Webdynpro.

Now How to Convert Normal Webdynpro applications into DCu2019s Applications in NWDI

When we are creating the DC that time I have to Chose All ready Existing Check box and create DCu2019s . I will do this way that DCu2019s are working fine are getting any Error.

Please tell me what I am doing here how convert Now How to Convert Normal Webdynpro applications into DCu2019s Applications in NWDI.

Regards

Vijay K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Please have a loot at below document for Migrating Local Web Dynpro Projects to the NWDI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1core/helpdata/en/42/c8204dd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijai,

Create a new DC in the track

Copy the SRC folder of the normal project into the New DC created.

Solve the rest of the issues manually

While copying the SRC iti will ask for activity and hence you can move all the normal project to DC

Thanks,

Raju Bonagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

I had similar situation like you in the past, I did something similar to what Siva Rama Krushna said above. Create a DC and import your local project selecting File System option. After import you may have errors in the project to recompile due to ".project" file of your local project, you may have to tweak some path setting in the .project to match with your new DC.

Hope this helps

Siva

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Wile creating a DC in your NWDI developement track, in the last step you have option to select a check box

"Import content from existing local project", check it and select the project. That's all, you required. Isn't it?

If not, check this [link|] to copy Web dynpro project to DC

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI VIjay,

Use below link how to convert the local appl into DC.

If you develop a local application it will be vsibile only for you and no cant work on that one.

If you take senario like you have developed the applciation and later some other changes need to be done for the same.

BY that time you already the company.That means some has to work on that application.

Its basically maintians version to keep track of all the changes made by the user.

Thats why we will go for NWDI.

DTR- will keep the verison for your changes

CMS-Transport from dev to quality and production.

CBS- builds the application

SLD- mainntians the system details.

For more info click on below link:

Regards,

Lavanya.G