Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LANGUAGES in MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An MIC "ABC" is created .

At the time of creation - We enter a short text (normally in English).

I selected the Other Language Push Button - where I also maintained short text in other language French and Danish.

Scenario :-

At the time of Inspection plan creation - when I asign the MIC - I get the short text in English.pv

Requirement :- I want that since I have mainatined the transcation in Other Language of MIC - Based out of my user Primary language (which he enter at the time of logging in SAP) the languge get translated .

That Means ;- When A french user logs in and see the QP03 - he should the chracterstics in FRENCH and same is the case with English and Danish people.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an Update which we await SAP. Other soln is Uploadin respective language

michelle_cannon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank

We are experiencing the exact same problem.

We seem to have found the root cause but not a solution.

If we create and release the production order in Spanish, and signed into QP03 or QE51N in Spanish we could see the Characteristics in Spanish. However if we logged into QP03 or QE51N in English, the characteristics remained in Spanish & did not translate into English even though both languages were maintained in the characteristic screen QS21.

We are wondering if you found a solution to your problem and if you would be willing to share it?

Regards

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I still await some inputs from SDN QM Experts.

However while enquiring with SAP people got to kno -that they offer a code, which helps the user to get the desired LOGON language (provided they have maintained that).

Code is still awaitied from SAP to me...

michelle_cannon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good Morning Mayank

Thank you so much for the update, it is great to know that somebody else is experiencing this issue and may have a solution pending.

Have you submitted a customer message to SAP for this error?

Have a good day

Michelle

michelle_cannon
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank

I submitted a customer message to SAP regards this problem

They informed me it needs special development.

In my meantime, our solution was to put the countries dominant language in the description field and the alternative language in the long text field for the characteristic.

Regards

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Explore SU3

maintain data here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

*What about SAP logon language selection? Its not helping?

Hi Swarnil,

Language selection helps but not in required manner.

See what is happening,

If I slelcet French as my language at the time of logging in - what will happen is while uploading the data for QP01 - SAP takes the translated version of MIC in French (not in English , as it normally does), which is correct in way .

But again when I log on with my default language of English, it does not take that into translation - I mean in QP03 agaisnt same plan i will see all characterstic in FRENCH and not in English (As I used French as my default language while uploading the plan ).

I hope I am able to make u understand.

My requirement is - since I have maintaine.d Different languages in my MIC,System should use those translated version (based on user language at the tiem of log in) to show the plan.

Explore SU3

maintain data here

Sujit, I tried with SU3 - but it is not working

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of characteristics are you using in the plan? Are they copy characterisitics or reference characteristics?

If you are using copy characteristics I BELIEVE, (not sure), what is happenning is that when the plan is created it copies down the language description according to your logon language. It's not copying down all the other languages into the plan.

Try using either a reference characteristic or, after you create the plan using copy characteristics, see if you can maintain the FR language in the plan characteristic. Then see what happens when you logon using different languages.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

What about SAP logon language selection? Its not helping?