Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBACOCKPIT DB administration of NW AS Java instances

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to configure my DBACOCKPIT which is running on the Solution Manager, to administer 2 SAP NW AS JAVA systems running in my Landscape.

So far I have managed to establish the DB connection which are tested successfully.

However when I for example try to run a DB13 through the COCKPIT for the 2 Java DBs I get the error:

SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE failed for BRCONNECT - Reason: program_start_error: For More Information, See SYS

I then check in SM59 the automatically created RFCs for the 2 systems. Of course they are failing and to my understanding this is happening because no SAP gateway is running on a NW Java Stack. The entries in the RFCs are empty and even if I try to give the hostname of the target system (I leave gateway service empty) the error is referring to the local location of Gateway, the maching hosting the solution manager.

As far as I can consider, I need to install SAP Gateway instances on the target Java Instances. Is this correct?

Is there any other alternative to achieve the functionality of the RFCs?

Kind Regards,

Loukas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read SAP Note 1025707 - DBA Cockpit planning calendar and remote Oracle databases

It describe the requirements

Regards

Juan

former_member193294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Juan for the reply. So I guess it is rather obvious that I should install the standalone SAP gateway.

Kind Regards,

Loukas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like thats the way to go

Regards

Juan