cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual change / copy currency in intercompany billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running the SD intercompany process, where 'F1' is the customer invoice billing document type and 'IV' is the intercompany billing document type.

The currency in billing document type 'F1' is derived from the final customer master data, whereas the currency in billing document 'IV' is taken from the intercompany customer master data. We would like the currency in billing document 'IV' (intercompany) to be the same as the one in 'F1'. It is the Finance team business requirement.

Is it possible to have the currency copied from 'F1' to 'IV'. We would also be happy to manually change the currency in 'IV'.

Please advise which settings are required - if this is even possible.

Thank you,

Karol

Edited by: Karol on Jun 17, 2010 12:07 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karol

Why do you want to get into copy controls etc,, when you can simply set up the Intercompany customer's currency based on the customer's (Sales Org) country.

Let me explain. US Company is selling to US customer from a Plant in Switzerland. Real customer is set up with USD in US sales area. The Inter Co Customer created in Swiss Sales Area should be set up with USD as currency based on the country of the Inter Co customer. This is how it is set up in my current client's setup and is working. The only issue you may get is when US is supplying to an International customer based in UK, then you will run into issues, I am assuming you don't have any such cases.

If the customer master set up idea does not work for you, then I guess your only option are user exits during Billing document creation or copy control routines.

Proposals:

1) USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC). Yo can try filling up VBRK-WAERK with VBAK-WAERK.

2) Alternately you may insert the same logic in Include LV60AA95 for program SAPLV60A. This is supposed to be part of the copy control routines but I don't know how it is called etc. It does not appear to be filled in the copy control config. I got the inspiration for this from OSS note 358893 which was meant for Euro conversion, Same concept so why not use it?

3)Thirdly in the area of copy control (Delivery- Billing Document) itself, for the item category, set up a custom routine in the feild Data VBRK/VBRP and insert code there to replace the Document currency with that from the sales order. You may also want to set up the PricingExchRate type field also with a suitable value right here itself. Only doubt is whether this works for only item or for header also as the field name (VBRK/VBRP) indicates.

Review the following OSS note 358893 - Create billing document with different document currency for more on proposal 2.

Keep us posted on how you are proceeding with the solution.

Please keep us posted with how you are proceeding on the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

Thank you for your valuable answer. It helped us a lot.

Our ABAPer used the following exit: USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMK in RV60AFZZ program. The issue is solved.

Best regards,

Karol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member221372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karol,

Now we have a similar requirement. Could you please assist us as we have done the same what was suggested and implemented by you.

Cheers,

Bharat