cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Cpy / Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends

I want to setup a new Client in QA Server for Testing.and want to copy the production client on the newly created client

Can anyone please help to what setting should i take for SCC4.i.e Change and transports for Client Specific objects,Cross Client Objects & Protection.

Secondly What method should i take for copying client data to newly created client.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For client copy details , methods details please refer to the following :-

-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Note 24853 - CC-INFO: Client copy, functionality

-

> Can anyone please help to what setting should i take for SCC4.i.e Change and transports for Client Specific objects,Cross Client Objects & Protection.

I assume you are asking the client settings for the new client that would be created in your Quality system ??

A sample setting for a QAS system is giving below( however individual requirements may vary)

client role -> TEST

change and transports for client-specific objects -> No changes allowed

Cross-client Object changes -> No changes to Rep and cross client

Protection -> For a quality system , this setting doesn't find much use (however Protection 2 may not be required)

cheers !

PRADi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client copy can be done for same, make sure your DB size is not huge is PRD , sometimes it can take long time for client copy if DB is more than 350 GB .

Also in QAS always changes should be blocked , so you can go ahead with your existing client setting i.e. no changes in repository and cross client, also protection level 2.

We recommended you to use client expor/import method only .Eventhough you can go ahead with remote client cpy option as well.

HOpe it will help you .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks fpr the help

can you help me in client import export i.e can you list down the steps

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That info is available at help.sap.com

Please do some research on your own.

Read the "Rules of Engagement"