cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock/unlock Abap users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

is it correct that we have to create a separate task for each repositor(/SAP SID_CLIENT) ? Or is there another method, for example to get a choice of all existing repositories(we currently have ~250 clients on 60 SAP Systems plus a couple of Java instances). That means to have just one task which offers all (Abap-)repositories for selection.

Regards

Juergen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I want to use std. task "LockUnlockABAPUser"(from the SAP Prov. Framework). In that task just one single rep can be assigned what means that I have to create a separate task for each sap system/client . Correct?

Isn't it possible to have one task for all reps? That means, an IDM admin starts this single task via WebUI and gets a selection of all SID/Clients. Then the admin just has to mark the involved sid/client(s) for the abap user to lock/unlock that ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I found out the LockABAP-Task is not used (anymore?) in the SPF (although available).

If you change any user-related attribute (e.g. ACCOUNTrepNameLOCKED) the ModifyUser-Event task is called anyway, so why don't use the provided functionality?!

Your request is solved if you do it the way we suggested. You "only" have to create 260 attributes (or use automatic creation and change the Jobs) and adjust the Modify<systemtype>UserTask. The ModifyUser-Event task then finds the correct repository for you.

Christian once told me this solution in another thread here on SDN and it works for me (kudos to him)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the one UpdateABAPUser Task

Like Michael said you create an attribute called LOCKEDXXXYYY.

You then make a script that checks if a user is locked globaly (MX_LOCKED) or in the specfic repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You could create an ACOUNT<repName>LOCKED-Attribute for each repository (similar to MX_LOCKED). In your InitialLoad/Update Jobs you fill that attribute with the current value. And you have to update the Modify-Tasks as well, of course.

There may be a more flexible approach I would also like to know about.

Maybe this helps

BR

Michael