Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF , help needed

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

It's a file to file scenario. I need to read three input files from the source. I need to generate only one output file. The three input files are Header, Container and Container Item. I have to read two values, say A and B from Header and go to the Container file. Then I have to pick the values C and D from the Container file. These vales, C and D, should correspond to the values of A and B. A and B also appear in the Container file. Now with all these values, I have to go to the Container Item file and read the values E and F, which correspond to the previous set of already read values.

The values E and F should be sent to the target file. This is the scene !

How do I use UDFs here ? Can anyone give inputs. I am using BPM and wana do the mapping logic usig BPM

Harish Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari.,

What type of file it is(Container file),if you want to perfrom look up you can write UDF if it file look up .

first give some more info about that file,then we will tel you how to achieve this one.

Regards,

Raj

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

No, we cant use look ups here.

All files are text files. I need to fetch two values from first file, header. Then with these values you need to go to the second file. From the second file, I need to read two ther values. These values correspond to the first two values. Now after this I go to the third file and read few values and then map two values to output file.

Each file we need to read values and these values correspond to the values in previous file.

Ex, I need to read values A and B from first file. Assume the values are 2 and 5, then I go to second file, take the C and D values that have values 2 and 5 in the second file.

Then go to third file and pick few more values that match with this and map to the target

Regards

Harish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it looks like bit tricky,,so in BPM read all 3 files and input to the mapping will be 2 files and you have to write a logic like comparing all vaues,use standard functions.no need of luk up also.

but you have to do file content conversion in Sender communication channels

Regards,

raj

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Can it be done with XSLT Mapping ?

Harish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you thinking to go for XSLT mapping,you are receives all file sin to PI,using Graphical mapping only we can compare and check the values,try with Graphical mapping only.

Regards,

Raj

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Raja

I am not sure if UDFs work here. That's why and also am not that good with UDFs.

Thanks for your help

Harish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will work , this type of lgic we can do it using standard function else go for UDFs.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

No inputs ?

Regards

Harish