cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic assignment of Support Team based on processor

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a help desk team creating Service Desk messages directly into SOLMAN (not from satellite system) using transaction NOTIF_CREATE and assigning processor. After they save the message, they open the message again in transaction CRM_DNO_MONITOR and change the Support Team manually based on the processor's Support Team. They are requesting if

the assignment of Support Team can be done automatically based on the processor assigned during creation of message and

when processor is changed/re-assigned after message has already been created.

I've read some suggestions in the blogs and forums that partner determination can be done by creating your own BADI.

So I've created a new BADI "Z_FIND_TEAM" (copied from BADI CRM_DNO_PARTNER_1) and commented the logic which derives the support team based on the rule in transaction PFAC, and replace this with my own logic of getting the processor's Support Team. Then I assign this to the action. When I tested the action during creation of message (NOTIFCREATE), the action failed to get the support team because the CRM documents (where I'm getting the processor) is not created yet at the time that the BADI is executed.

I also tested the same action (but I didn't schedule it to run automatically) during changing of message (in CRM_DNO_MONITOR). The action successfully assign the correct Support Team when I already saved the new processor before choosing the action.

But if I change the processor and do not save first before choosing the action, the support team of the old processor is assigned.

In both cases, I need to get the value of the processor in the screen and pass this to the BADI.

Can anyone help me how to pass the screen value of processor to the BADI.

Or do you have other suggestions on how I can automatically assign the Suport Team based on processor.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Tess

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ragu,

i said "Like HF_SET_STATUS" just to explain that it is a ppf like action. I obviously know that it doesnt do more than just changing user status. Thank u anyways...

Point is : Option 1 & 2 are both implementation that were previously done by SAP Consulting in different customer systems; and both work !

Regards,

Khalill

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've used BADI implementation ORDER_SAVE to automatically assign the Support Team based on processor.

I tried using the standard access sequence but cannot make it work because I'm not familiar with how access sequence work and don't have CRM expertise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ragu.

Thanks for your quick response.

I've already tried assigning some standard access sequence in the support team's partner determination although the assignment of the support team always returns with the BP of the top organization unit in our org chart that's why I tried using the BADI afterwards.

Our org chart is defined something like :

IMS Support Team org unit

Help Desk org unit

Person 1

Functional Team org unit

Person 2

Technical Team org unit

Person 3

I've tried access sequence like "Organizational Data: Employee for an Org. Unit" and "Organizational Data: Organizational Unit for a User", but when I test this the support team is always defaulted with the "IMS Support Team's" BP Number (the top org unit).

I'm not sure which access sequence I can use to assign the support team, for example, processor = "person3", the support team should be "Technical Team".

Or do I need to create my own access sequence?

I'm not familiar with these access sequence and not really sure how it works.

Thanks.

Tess

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tess,

yes there is other ways to do that and i see two different badis to achieve what you re trying to do

- 1st option: is a ppf-like action thanks to BADI : EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF. You ll have to do specific action (like HF_SET_STATUS link) for example Z_ASSIGN_SUPPORT_TEAM that does the mapping BP - Supp. Team and schedule that action at the first save of the ticket like std action ON_CREATE_MJ of SDMJ

- 2nd option: is a SPRO Action kind using BADI : SOCM_PROCESS_ACTION. You ll pretty much do the same code and schedule it at the right user status (meaning first one)

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide->SAP Solution Manager->Scenario-Specific Settings->Change Request Management->Extended Configuration->Change Transaction->Change Transaction Types->Actions in Change Request Management->Actions - Basic Setting AND Actions - Depending on Status

Hope this helps. I am pretty sure with option 1 you should be fine

Regards

Khalil

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How does HF_SET_STATUS help in setting Support Team?

With method call anything is possible the challenge lies in calling the right method call.

My point is no need to go for custom development. If you have standard way to configure it.

Partner Determination procedure.

And thats how CRM works.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rather than complicating things using BADI, you can try straight forward Partner Determination procedure. Define required access sequence.

SPRO --> SAP Solution Manager --> Scenario-Specific Settings --> Service Desk --> Service Desk --> Partner Determination Procedure

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu