cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using XI to integrate barcoding system with sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

we are planning to implement barcode feature in our warehouses. Now as per the proposal given by one particular company we would be using XI/PI as integration server. We have 19 warehouses so i was thinking whether using XI/PI for such implementation a viable option cause there has to be some cheaper and easier to administer alternative to implement this solution.

could you please tell me what is the most standard and preferred way to implement barcoding in SAP in terms of the integration with the SAP database.

please advice.

thanks in advance.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I am not going to you information only related to SAP PI/XI. I will suggest you one Solution provided by SAP. This solution is termed as SAP SCM AII-OER solution. You Can search for SAP Auto ID Infrastructure. This is a solution which integrate all the warehouses and get barcodes from devices provided by you and stores all information.

Internally it uses SAP PI for the integration of SAP auto ID and SAP OER. Later on you can get different reports using BI and EP as frontend.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Aashish for solving my problem. We have decided to move forward with SAP AII.

Answers (0)