cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cFolders integration with SRM and EP

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am new to cFolders and would like to know the integration aspects of cFolders with DMS, SRM and EP.

From previous threads, I understood that my requirements (Documnet Uploads by vendor- online) can be met with cFolders.

Now next question is how cFolders is going to work with DMS, SRM and EP.

Will cfolders, be a part of SRM and EP or it will be a separate web browser for vendor.

If I do not use cFolders, Can we meet the document uploading requirements through EP by some development.

Can some one list down the advantages of cFolders when used with DMS, SRM and EP. Before going with the decision to use cFolder, I want to be myself clear on its advantages. I request someone to briefly put some thoughts here.

Please dont share, help.sap or SDN links, as I already have it.

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From ERP using transaction CFE02 you can export the DMS document to cFolders.

These documents can undergo changes in the cFolders.

then via CFI02 you can get back the latest version of the documents from the cFolders into DMS.

In SRM in a bidding scenario, where in you upload all you tendering documents into cFolders which will create a cFolders collaboration in a competitive scenario.

All you docs are put in the public area, then you could create individual areas for you vendors in the same collaboration with atmost security (you can even hide the names of the vendors in the create/changed by columns in the overview tables) .

None of the vendors can see each others information but the public area is visible to all the vendors. Vendors then place their bids in the respective private areas.

You can alternatively use the Portal to create collaboration rooms, which is to upload some docs and download then you would loose the advantage of managing/structuring the bidding process from multiple vendors. Then also the integration aspect with SRM.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Good information

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you kindly let me how to integrate cFolders with EP.

I have both ECC and SRM in our landscape. Do we need to configure cFolders on both the systems.

How can cFolders be used in EP for the end users of the portal. I have also installed the required Business Packages.

Can anyone tell me the basic steps and configurations I need to do from Portal side.

Thanks and Regards,

Chaitanya G