Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection point

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

While I am doing result recording through Inspection point ("Freely defined Insp.Point"), It is allowing me to do "n" number of result recording after setting the "No. insp. points for char. summariz." as 3. How to restrict it in 3 ?

Neel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't restrict the number of inspection points created by a user. It is one of the reasons they are called free inspection points. If you want to restrict them from creating inspection points you would have to create a FM to create the number of inspection points you want created and config it into the inspection point identifier you are using. Then maybe you can use security, (maybe, not sure of this), or a user exit, to prevent the user from adding more inspection points.

The field that you refer to is not used to limit the number of inspection points, but is used to limit the number of inspection points used in the calculation of the summarized result, whcih if you are batch managed gets copied to the batch record from the 03 inspection lot. This value is also the summarized value displayed in the UD screen.

Think of it as a rolling average. Once you do 4 inspection points, the first one is dropped from the average and points 2,3,4 are used. If you get to 8 inspection points, points 6, 7 & 8 are used.

I haven't found a practical example yet for this functionality. I'm sure I just haven't yet consulted in the right industry yet. Usually I find most places want all the inspection points used, or just the last one.

Sorry that this doesn't really solve your problem. You just need a new approach.

FF

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for ur detail information.

Neel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you getting inspection point valuation for all the 3.Have you valuated all 3 & then checked the 4th one.?

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it is allowing for 4th operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure all your char are summarize ,Just one more suggestion try to change the inspection point to any other like based on Qty or time etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

"No. insp. points for char. summarize.

Where you have made setting?

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

In IMG at inspection Planning>General>Define Identifier for Inspection Points".