cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real number limitation in MDM 7.1 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone encountered an issue with MDM 7.1 using real numbers? In the Console I have a few fields set to "Real" and using 4 decimal places. In the Data Manager I'm only able to enter a total of 7 digits in these fields (123.1234, 1234.123, 12345.12,...). I have a requirement to have 16 digits plus 4 decimals.

Any help?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

After looking at all possibilities, I would suggesst that can you try it with some Expression/Validation logic.

this may help.

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I have a requirement to have 16 digits plus 4 decimals.

This requirement can be easily achieved by using Field of Type Text for which you can set width property = 21.

Rest things can be taken care by writing a expression logic in validation which allow only integer values.

Please refer similar issue for Integer, SAP Note 1367237 - Integer type field of over 10 characters is converted wrong

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1367237

Kindly let me know if you face any issue in writing validation.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I also thought the same solution but how you can acheive the data when i will launch data manger in different language.

What i mean is if field is of type integer or currenecy then mdm automatically convert into language in which we open data manager but if we define it as text field then how mdm convert the value into corresponding language value.

Even if we go through note solution then also we can acheve total 15 digits includeing decimal part.

Please clarify my doubts.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use field of type currency .

Just create a field in which set properties like;

Type : currency

Symbol : blank

This will allow you total 15 digits including your decimal places.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim

may be you can use text as a data type instead of real and handle this field by putting certain logical validation

Edited by: jignesh patel on Jun 17, 2010 11:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Please have a look.

Enhanced: Added support to validate precision of floating point values.

There are various places in the Data Manager where the user can enter floating point data (e.g. Real, Currency, Measurement fields, Numeric attributes etc.). For most data types only 7 digits of precision are supported. The exceptions to this are time and

frequency attributes, which support 15 digits. If the user tries to enter a number with a higher precision than that supported, the

value will not be accepted.

SAP Note 1385073 MDM 7.1 SP04.

BR,

Alok Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

The length of field depends upon the underlying database.

the below link will give you better idea.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/3b/cd9442c22d1131e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks

Aamir

Pl:the link is for MDM 5.5, i m not sure if anything has changed in length for MDM 7.1