cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline form to be stored in SAP and retrieved when required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to store an offline adobe form in the SAP database. This form is related to Time data in HR. The user should be able to query and launch the pdf form whenever required. Please advise as to how I need to proceed.

Is Archivelink the only solution for this ?

If I am going to use Archivelink, its my thinking that firstly I need to assign the form to a corresponding business object (i havent figured which one yet). Then I need to user FM - ARCHIV_CREATE_TABLE and give the appropriate Doc type and Business Obj.

Please let me know if I am heading in the right direction or if there is some other way to do this.

Many thanks, Liz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Total Posts: 92

Total Questions: 32 (7 unresolved)

Forum Points: 0

In my opinion too many questions and not a single help to anybody else. Not a good business card in my eyes. You may find it difficult to find help with this kind of "abalnce" between posts and points.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I am more than happy to help and provide my input on questions asked. I have also given my two cents in some posts. But I guess that dint help the user. SAP has such a big world within itself that it takes time and effort to grow. I am in the process of this. I appreciate all the help and guidance given by all the users here to me. As mentioned earlier, I do post my solutions before closing out my question. I would very much want to contribute any way I can to the SAP forums. I will continue to do this in every way I can. Thanks.

Regards,

Liz

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, will give you one more chance:))

You can use any way of storing documents here. Example: GOS (generic object service) - search Google for relevant information, I remember I had found some PDF SDN contribution about the GOS operations and helped me a lot. Or you could find some code snippets in the code exchange.

Or you can use the content server.

Or you can place the data into the Z-table (worst, not a flexible solution).

You need to ask the FM to return the PDF stream for you (use GETPDF parameter), maybe you already know this.

Regarding the ARCHIVE_LINK:

Regards Otto

p.s.: would love to see you around helping other people...ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Archivelink worked for me . The standard functionality of the GOS has been deactivated for our business object u2013PREL. I could have tried to activate this is by extending the Generic Object Services Icon with a menu item for which a number of code snippets are avaible.

All,

I found this link very useful while doing the Archivelink related configuration -

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPHCM/Employee%20Photo%20Upload

Thanks, Liz

Answers (0)