cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher and DNS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've an internal ABAP AS (Solution Manager) server with hostname XXX that I want to access from internet.

I've installed SAP Web dispatcher on the DMZ.

Also a subdomain of my company public domain was created, and on network level traffic is forward to SAP Webdispatcher: support.mycompany.com.

When I try to logon I get a DNS error because the URL returned has the internal hostname and port.

How can I make internal hostname transparent to the user, so that only support.mycompany.com will be showed ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>When I try to logon I get a DNS error because the URL returned has the internal hostname and port.

It looks like you have tried to use wrong redirect directives in you web dispatcher configuration

>How can I make internal hostname transparent to the user, so that only support.mycompany.com will be showed ?

That is exactly the standard job of a reverse proxy. The most used reverse proxies ffor SAP systems are The SAP Web dispatcher and Apache. You can even in certain cases chain both of them.

Regards,

Olivier

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd use an apache webserver and configure it as remote proxy with a rewrite rule. Check

/people/serge.muts/blog/2008/11/18/a-collection-of-reverse-proxy-resources

Markus

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no simple answer to your question as it is largely dependent on your web dispatcher configuration, whether you are using HTTPS/HTTP and the method used for each. Check the [Webdispatcher Documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/42/5cfd3b0e59774ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm] on the various uses.

Also make sure you have setup the parameter icm/host_name_full in your instance profile of your Solution Manager system which is your FQDN for the system.

Nelis