cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interacting with external website back and forth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to interact with the external website back and forth using webdynpro java in portal. i.e I need to send some data to external website and receive back the in webdynpro application. Suspend and resume plug would not work as I need to be able to run the application from Portal.

Thanks,

Vinit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

A little more information may be necessary...

How will you send data to the "website". Is there a webservice running there to accept data and send a response? Are you calling a cgi program via a POST or GET method?

Since you are using Web Dynpro, I assume there is a UI to this "communication"? Maybe a little more explanation of your situation would help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Data need to be send via POST and I need to able to call the website in portal and allow user to browse through the website and when user checkout from the site it should get the data from website to webdynpro iview in portal, without refreshing it.

It is possible in SAP using HTMLViewer, is there similar in webdynpro java, using iFrame i am able to send the data to website and also able to display the website, however when user checkout, it refresh the page.

Please advise

Thanks,

Vinit

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vinit,

Voce tem algum controle quanto ao site externo? Pode fazer alguma implementau00E7u00E3o nele?

Caso positivo, voce pode tentar utilizar cookies:

[HTTP Cookies in Portal WebDynpro application, part1: Overview|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17852] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Enhance your Portal WebDynpro application with HTTP Cookies, part2: JavaScript based solution|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17925] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

regards,

Angelo

Edited by: Angelo Antonello Borges on Jun 18, 2010 2:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Angelo,

I am unable to understand this language Can you please translate it in english ?

Thanks,

Vinit

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm so sorry Vinit!!!

You have some control on the external site? Can do some implementation on it?

If so, you can try using cookies:

HTTP Cookies in WebDynpro application Portal, part1: Overview

Enhance your Portal WebDynpro application with HTTP Cookies, part2: JavaScript based solution

regards,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Angelo, I do not have any control on external website, on checkout the external website POST the data.

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So ... how you can specify that this site does post back to the Web Dynpro application?

You can forward the site link?

It became a matter of honor to make this integration now! (Laughs)

(If such information is sensitive, please send them to my personal email - if possible)

regards,

Angelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have send you the email. Hope to hear a solution from you