I need some help with the requirement for the below IMG activity. Namely, I need the process for creating the attributes. Data Dictionaries are new to me.
Definition of Customer Attributes for Object Types
You can define a user attribute here. Then assign it to an object. The Transactions, Configuration and Development tabs show the object types . The attribute is project and solution-independent, and is shown in an object dialog box in the Other Attributes tab.
The attributes of the attribute are specified in the table or structure fields in the Data Dictionary, so they must be maintained there.
Integer or Character
To create a user attribute:
1. Choose New Entries.
2. Enter a name and description of the attribute.
The name and description are shown later in the object dialog window, and you cannot change the name after you have saved, so use a meaningful name and description.
Specify attribute attributes:
4. Select an attribute and choose Attribute Attributes in the tree.
5. Specify a Data Dictionary table or structure field or choose from the value help.
6. Specify in the field Value Check:
whether the entry is to be checked against a value list. These values are offered as selection help.
whether it is a required field.
7. In the field Multiple Values, whether this attribute can take only one, or several values.
8. In the field Visibility whether the field is visible in the attribute dialog.
Khalil SERRHINI replied
sorry for late response and maybe cause i wasn't clear enough in my previous posts.
Yes, your requirement seems to me like you need a specific table !
I found on Internet a step by step guide to "how to create a specific table in SE11": http://abaplovers.blogspot.com/2008/02/creating-table-in-sap.html
I think that this will respond to many of your questions. This example is complete because not only it shows how to create a table but also how to create the maintenance view (SE30) of the table.
So in your specific case (attribute business areas); I would suggess creating a table ZMYBUSCASES by following steps described in guide provided.
Instead of choosing their data elements we will choose ones that are adapted to your case.
Field 1 (key) : a 5 characters data element should be fine; for example : /SAPSLL/CHAR05
Field 2 (description) : a 30 characters data element with an assigned search help (because i guess you have a predefined list of business areas). for example: ZDESCR
- you have to create the Z data element (ZDECR) in SE11 still of type CHAR 30 and assign to it a Z search help that you ll create in step 2
- create a Z search help in SE11 (for example ZSHBUSATTRDESCR) that collect data from your ZTABLE and returns field ZDESCR
- Z search help
- Z data element
- Z table
and adjust in spro the assignment of attributes
I know this might seem quite difficult the first time ...
don't hesitate asking for more clarification !
You can also give me your email adress so i can send you screen shots for steps that are missing in the given link (z data element and z search help)