cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL iView to pop up in new window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a URL iView that I've added as a link in a left hand navigation column and I want the URL iView to open in a new window when clicked on, but have no trace of the portal's url. Currently, the url iview does open in a new window and the content is all correct however this new window's url is not what i specified in the url iview's properties. It is something much much longer and includes the portal's url address. Is there a way to cut that out or have a redirect?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathy,

If you create a new "External Link" within the links iView to target an external web site (and with a descritive name), it will pop-out to a new window with only the normal URL for that site in the Address Bar. If you create a new "Link" - and the link is to a URL iView within the portal's PCD - then it will call the URL iView from within the PCD and therefore the path/address will be the path to the iView (and like you said - have a much longer URL with portal info in it).

The best way to do this may be to use the "New" ==> "External Link" to create the Links entries - they work for me without effort.

Regards,

Judson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judson,

Thanks for the reply, however I'm not sure what you mean by creating the external link within the links iView. The links iView that I have is set up in a way where the detailed navigation (the links iView) contains the links that can be seen by that particular user. The links are usually linked to a page that displays within the portal. However, in this one particular case I want it different. I don't see an option to create a new External Link anywhere.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kathy, might you be having the same problem described in <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/972482">SAP Note 972482</a>?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you look in the PCD under the path:

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/general/iViews/

com.sap.km.iviews/com.sap.km.LinkList

and preview that iView (named Link List) you will see links (if any) and "organize entries" if you have rights to that folder. You click on "organize entries" and you get a KM browse screen with the word "Links" at the top. CLick on the Context Menu at the end of the word "Links" and select "New" and "External Link" from the sub menu. Then fill in the two blansk and your off...

This iView can be copied to other iViews an dpoint to differnt folders so that you can assign the rights to read them or to change them according to your needs.

Judson