cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Test Plan Structure when creating a new Test Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When creating a Test Plan for my project, on the first screen (after the first popup), I have to select which nodes I want to generate a Test Plan for. It displays all the nodes of my project in which I have manual test plans.

However, there is one specific Business Scenario for which the "Organizational Units" node does not show. I have several subnode on the Organizational Unit one, with manual test cases.

I have tried everything, and it never appears when creating a Test Plan.

I have also tried copying the subnode of the missing node to another Business Scenario, and the copied subnodes do appear in the Test Plan Structure, so there is nothing wrong with my Test Cases.

- Is there a way to manually add nodes to a Test Plan Structure before generating it ?

- What could cause this specific node not to be taken over to the Test Plan Structure ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I cannot say why they use OrgUnit and MasterData in their Test Plans, I am just the technical guy in that story. It is not really relevant however, since the OrgUnit and MasterData nodes work for other Business Scenarios.

I have found the source of the problem: table TTREEI is missing entries for the OrgUnit and MasterData node of this Business Scenario. I cannot explain why these entries are missing, but I have added them and now it works fine.

I have found that by debugging FM SOLAR_TESTPLAN_MAINTAIN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you read my entire initial post, you will understand that your suggestion does not help.

I have copied the concerned Test Cases to another Business Scenario, and it works for this scenario. So the statuses of the Test Cases involved, their status is not an issue.

Thank you.

Thomas

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the need for adding test case at "Organization unit" level? What do you test there? We can test scenarios, processes, but stilll unclear about adding test case to organizational unit.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the status of Test Cases attach to each node

When you creat a test plan it ask what STATUS of test cases you want to have.now if it is already generate go to test plan attributes in STWB_2 to check it.

so if you select RELEASED only that value of Test cases appear in the Test Plan during generation but if you other test case with other status values you cant see them

to check doc attributes goto doc attributes in SOLAR02 under test cases tab

I hope this ans ur query or doubt

Regards

Prakhar