cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location product data for CIF transferred VMI customer locations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Does SAP expect the above data to be created maunually in APO or is it automatically created when VMI customer is transferred to APO and are there any special prerequisites/sequences for this automatic creation, if at all?

Following prototyping steps are completed:

VMI customer (sold to and ship to) exists in ECC. Customer product master data exists in ECC. both records have shipping plant.

step 1 : Customer CIFed

step 2: APO Customer location changed to include following fields:

"Location for Sold-To Party" (Value same as APO customer location number)

Sales org

Distribution channel

Division

step3 : Location product @ supplyiing DC (shipping plant) is CIFed to APO.

This procedure did not create the location product data for the customer, hence the question.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DsaAnton ,

Yes that is correct. You need to create Location/Product combniation manually for VMI customer. It is not possible to in standard system unless you write userexit code or stand alone program. We use a custom program to extend Products to VMI customer location. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BKN

Thanks for the information. What do you however make of the SAP documentation from where I quote:

" You check the customer location master data transferred from the vendor's SAP ERP system and assign the VMI customer to the VMI location in the location master.

The SAP APO system AUTOMATICALLY creates location products for the customer materials transferred from the vendor's SAP ERP system." (Emphasis mine)

The steps mentioned in my question were based on this sequence, so please could you comment or once again confirm that exit /custom code is needed?

Best regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anton,

I think this provision available in higher version. We are in 5.0 and Prod/Loc combination not created automatically. We create a Z program to extend Product to VMI customers, basically this program copy relevent field values from 'our' plant to VMI plant (customer). We run this program periodically or as when needed to extend Product.

Other option is adding code to CIF inbound userexit (Material master ) at APOside,whenever new product created in R/3 system, extend the same to VMI customer..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anton,

I think some clarification is required. The scenario you are refering is the one in which you transfer plant (and not customer master) from customers ERP system and also material master on that plant.

But in you scenario you have only one ERP system (correct if I am wrong..) and you have customer master in ERP (and not plant). In you case you need to send customer master to APO which will be seen as location of type (1010). Now to get product master, you need to have sales agreement or sales contract in ECC (similar to purchase info record or scheduling agreement for vendor) and CIF that to APO, which should create product master at customer location and also transportation lane.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

You are right. I transfered my_customer from my_ERP to my_APO as location type 1010.

I also have in my_ERP, a customer material info record for my_customer X my_material with my_shipping plant in it. If I understood you right, this is not good enough, but I need to have scheduling aggreement in my_ERP and need to CIF it?

If yes, three questions:

1) Is this valid for versions higher than 5.0 as BKN thinks or all versions (I am in 5.0 as well)

2) When you say "it should create", does it mean you think it would create, or have you tested this?

3) The other scenario you refer to- If I understood right, I could also transfer cust_material, cust_plant and cust_material plant from Cust_ERP to my_apo. I probably then create a transportation lane between cust_plant and my_shipping plant in my_apo. How does then my_apo reconcile the fact that one physical material at two ends of the transportation lane is represented as customer material and my_material ? Or specifically which of these materials is assigned to the transportation lane in the product procurement section?

Thanks and best regards,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anton,

My response

1) Is this valid for versions higher than 5.0 as BKN thinks or all versions (I am in 5.0 as well)

- I am not sure about version validity. This can be confirmed only after testing

2) When you say "it should create", does it mean you think it would create, or have you tested this?

- I have not tested it, but read somewhere (dont remember the source) that its possible

3) The other scenario you refer to- If I understood right, I could also transfer cust_material, cust_plant and cust_material plant from Cust_ERP to my_apo. I probably then create a transportation lane between cust_plant and my_shipping plant in my_apo. How does then my_apo reconcile the fact that one physical material at two ends of the transportation lane is represented as customer material and my_material ? Or specifically which of these materials is assigned to the transportation lane in the product procurement section?

- Yes, you understood correctly, thats actual VMI scenario. And configurations specifically to it are required. Again I have read about VMI, but unfortunately not configured it.

Bets regards,

Vaibhav

We expect you test it in system and provide us ur observation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vaibhav

Request you to please share your findings. So were you able to create the Product at the Customer Location through CIF or did you have create it manually.

We are facing a similar situation in our Project.Thanks for sharing.

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry the Question is for Anton

"Request you to please share your findings. So were you able to create the Product at the Customer Location through CIF or did you have create it manually.

We are facing a similar situation in our Project.Thanks for sharing.

Priyanka"

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You need to CIF the customer location master data from your ( you as the vendor) SAP ERP system to APO

2. Assign the VMI customer to the VMI location in the location master in APO

Please check the help URL in case not already :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/70/f69a3dcbcfac53e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Datta