Did you mean: 

RFC Sender - Meta Data Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a RFC to RFC scenario.

SAP ERP1 - PI - SAP ERP2 (sync)

ERP1 (unicode), ERP2 (none-unicode)

ERP1 executes a function module, which is only available on ERP2.

So, the sender communication channel contains ERP2 as Repository for the Metadata.

But this leads to conversion problems. The incoming xml is not correct ...

Looking at Note 730870 -> question 27, there is mentioned, that the system containing the Metadata Repository and the sender system have to be unicode or non-unicode, but may not differ.

Any suggestions, how to resolve my problem?

fyi:

If i select a function module, which is also available in ERP1 and i select ERP1 as Metatdata Repository in the sender communication channel, the scenario works correctly.

Regards,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Any suggestions, how to resolve my problem?

The solution is easy and obvious:

Copy the RFC to the sender system or create another RFC in sender system with same interface structure. (no ABAP code required)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course, this can be a solution.

The problem is, the function module has so many dependencies, that you have to transport a lot more than the function module itself ...

I resolved my problem by using another system (unicode + the function module is available) as Metadata Repositroy.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Johanes,

Even though your sender ERP1(unicode) is calling function module which is available in ERP2. Still your sender system is ERP1 so please select UNICODE radio(in MDMP & Unicode tab) button while creating TCP/IP connection in SM59 in sender system which is ERP1 system. remaining things are as usual.

thanks,

madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhu,

i have done the unicode settings in sm59!

My scenario works fine, if the funcion module exits in ERP1 too, and i select ERP1 as Metadata Repository.

The problem is, when i call a funtion module, which is only available in ERP2. Then i have to select ERP2 as Metadata Repository and this leads to conversion (RFC data to RFC XML) problems at runtime!

Johannes