cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header Text in Billing Document MANDATORY

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

Can you please let me know if we can make the Header text field in the Billing Document---> Header Level as mandatory. Is there any possibility to do that or not?

Thankyou,

Rakesh Tummala.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the Transaction code VOTXN and select the SALES DOCUMENT HEADER radio button

and goto the change mode inthe application tool bar

Choose your text determination procedure as defined for Header

and in the TEXT IDs in the text procedure in the control tab choose your TEXT ID and maintain the TEXT AS OBLIGATORY

save it and now create the sales order and check the text .

hope it clarifies your requirement

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Thankyou for the reply, but the issue was that I need to make the Text field mandatory in Billing Document . We dont have the field to makle it Obligatory in the Billing Header level. We have it only for the Sales Document Header and the Delivery Header. Can you please suggest me any other Solution.

The main purpose was I need to make the Reference field in the Billing Header Mandatory. As it is not possible I was thinking to make a Text field and make it Mandatory. Please reply if you can find any solution for this.

Thanks In Advance,

Rakesh Tummala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please reply.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Billing text will be copied either from the CUSTOMER MASTER or Preceeding document

Set this mandatory in the sales order and it will be copied to billing document

In the sales order if you set the text as Obligatory, you have to maintain to save it

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard way of achieving your requirement. You have to go for a user exit in that case.

Check below user exists, and use suitable one to trigger at the point of saving the billing document.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/SDUserexits

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupa,

Thankyou for the reply and I will let you know once I use it and solve the issue.

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody explain Default Values is Possible in Header Text Billing Document ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the Text ID is assigned in the Billing Header Text Procedure in VOTXN transaction and also its referenced or take help of an ABAper.

Thanks

Anil