Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex BPM scenario

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys,

I have a complex scenario which can't be done with XI. I need to use BPM in this. My requirement is like this :

It's a file to file scenario. I need to read three input files from the source. I need to generate only one output file. The three input files are Header, Container and Container Item. I have to read two values, say A and B from Header and go to the Container file. Then I have to pick the values C and D from the Container file. These vales, C and D, should correspond to the values of A and B. A and B also appear in the Container file. Now with all these values, I have to go to the Container Item file and read the values E and F, which correspond to the previous set of already read values.

The values E and F should be sent to the target file. This is the scene !

I used BPM here. Am not sure should I use or not. Read all three files, merged into one, and send to output.

Did a message mapping with three files at source side and one at target side. Mapped only the third file at the source end to the output file as the required target values are exclusively in the third source file.

Now how do I go about the complex logic in message mapping ? UDF or Java Mapping or ABAP mapping ?

Can someone guide me ?

Regards

Harish Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use BPM ,with graphical mapping with UDFs will work.,no need to go for JAVA,ABAP Mapping.

Regards,

Raj

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

My BPM steps are,

receive three files, then transformation step, that calls the interface mapping and finally send step.

Are they enough ? Or have I missed something in BPM ?

Regards

Harish

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thats enough , go ahead , if you struck anywhere let us know,

SEARCH in sdn for similar scenarios, you will find some good links,it will help you.

Regards,

Raja Sekhar

Answers (0)